Hostess® Ho Ho's™ Meet Their Gluten-Free Match
Cinderella Sweets, Inc. aka Shabtai Gourmet
874 Lakeside Drive
Woodmere, NY 11598
(516) 374-7787 fax
Before I had to go gluten-free I was the biggest junk food junkie. Hostess® and Little Debbie®'s cakes were some of my favorite treats. I was ecstatic when I sampled Cinderella Sweets’ Swiss Chocolate Roll at the Columbia University Celiac Disease Center’s Patient Education Day. It truly resembles the Hostess Ho Ho™, but gluten- and dairy-free! Rich devil’s food cake rolled up with that vanilla cream filling and topped off with that classic "Made in America" waxy chocolate frosting. Mmm mmm good.
Swiss Chocolate Roll
Cinderella Sweets bakery is kosher and their goodies are not only gluten-free, but also dairy-, soy-, corn- and casein-free! Also known as Shabtai Gourmet, they boast of:
- Rainbow Cookies -- marzipan cake, raspberry filling, chocolate coating
- Almond Macaroons -- macaroon cookie made with egg whites
- Chocolate-Flavored Almond Macaroons
- Apricot Roll -- rolled in thin white sponge cake with coconut topping
- Mocha Roll -- vanilla cake, coffee creme fill, walnut & cashew topping
All come in 12 oz. packages and range from $6.49 to 7.99 a package plus shipping. Call them (you can't order from the website) and don't forget to tell them that the CeliacChicks sent you!